Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Purple

13On the Sabbath we went outside the city gate to the river, where we expected to find a place of prayer. We sat down and began to speak to the women who had gathered there. 14One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message. 15When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. "If you consider me a believer in the Lord," she said, "come and stay at my house." And she persuaded us.
Acts 16:13-15

Before we even got pregnant, Josh and I agreed that we both liked the name 'Lydia'. We decided to look it up in the Bible, and I was surprised to find a woman named Lydia mentioned in the book of Acts. As you can read from the quote above, the Lydia from the Bible was a 'dealer in purple cloth'. So, we've been saying that purple is her color.



While it is true that Lydia looks very beautiful in purple, I have to say, we think she looks beautiful in all colors!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Lydia is absolutely beautiful. I love all her dark hair, and I would agree that she would look cute in anything. Great posts so far...congrats on starting your blog :)